There are many was to help
I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
“A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles.” ~Christopher Reeve
What will your ripple effect be?
Can the VA do better? Yes it can.
Not much has changed since John K. Iglehart wrote in 1985: “VA and its advocates represent a classic example of an ‘Iron Triangle’ of interests that make their way through the Washington policy swirl.”
The Iron Triangle he refers to is composed of the VA (federal agency), congressional committees (which are supposed to provide oversight), and Veterans Service Organizations (VSOs). The VSOs who usually get a seat at the table are referred to as the Big 6.
There are many ways to take action.
- Donate to vetted non-profits
- Sign petitions
- Communicate with Congress
- Assist with creating awareness through personal contacts and/or social media
- Becoming informed
- Contribute to local newspapers
- Invite Veterans and VA whistleblowers on podcasts and radio shows
- Find ways to elevate a Veteran’s Voice
- Offer innovative ways to assist
- Be present to listen (bear witness). Incredible healing comes when people feel heard.
Lecture by Philip Zimbardo
“Having courage does not mean we are unafraid. Having courage and showing courage means we face our fears. We are able to say, ‘I have fallen, but I will get up.’ ~Maya Angelou
“The best way out is always through.” ~Robert Frost
Marc Passio explains the 3 expressions of consciousness: Thought (Mind) – Emotion (Spirit) – Action (Body)
What are people doing?
Testimonials from the folks who changed their lives – for better.
The Buchanan Report
- Stolen Valor Issues
- Veterans News Alerts on VA corruption
- Suicide Prevention Numbers
- Radio Show re problems with the VA
- Assist Vets in getting their appointments with the VHA when they are being ignored
- Assist Vets that are having problems with the VA police
- Assist whistle-blowers in putting their case together for presentation
- Assist patients that have been abused in putting their case together for presentation
- Assist Vets deemed incompetent, wrongfully, putting their cases together for presentation
Citizen Action Radio
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR